At the Scott Law Firm, our car accident attorneys in Concord share answers to common questions about automobile accidents and personal injuries in Concord and throughout North Carolina.
- What information do I need after a Concord car accident injury?Should I see a doctor after a Concord automobile accident injury, even if I feel no pain?
- Should I contact the insurance companies before calling a lawyer?
- After a Concord auto accident injury, when should I call an attorney?
- What issues arise in filing a claim for car accident injury in Concord, NC?
- How long does it take a Concord automobile accident injury case to settle?
What information do I need after a Concord car accident injury?
- The other driver name(s), contact information, and insurance policy number(s)
- Names and phone numbers of witnesses
- Photographs of the scene and the vehicles before they are moved
- Police officer’s business card and accident report reference number
Should I see a doctor after a Concord car accident injury, even if I feel no pain? Yes, a post accident check up could reveal serious conditions such as:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Head injury
- Soft-tissue or spinal injuries
Should I contact the insurance companies before calling a lawyer? Consulting an attorney before talking to the insurance companies protects your interests, so contact your Concord auto accident injury attorney first.
After a Concord auto accident injury, when should I call an attorney? Call an attorney immediately. The hours and days following an accident can be crucial and mistakes may affect your claim.
What issues arise in filing a claim? When involved in a car accident lawsuit in Concord, NC, three issues typically come up during a personal injury claim:
- Insurance coverage
Who pays for my auto accident injury in Concord, NC? Generally, if you are not at fault in the accident, the other driver’s insurance company pays your medical costs. If you are at fault, your insurance company may cover a portion of your medical bills, depending on your insurance coverage.
How long does it take a Concord automobile accident injury case to settle? The amount of time depends on several factors:
- Extent of vehicle damage
- Extent of the injuries to the parties
- The cooperation of the insurance companies